Stakeholder Analysis Questions
These questions are useful for analysing your Stakeholders. You can use the questions to help you complete the stakeholder power/interest matrix
or to assess the salience of a stakeholder
Questions for assessing stakeholder importance/legitimacy
- How much influence does the stakeholder have?
- Is the stakeholder more or less influential in certain areas/capacities?
- Do they have legal rights?
- How could they hinder us?
- Have we come across the stakeholder before? What was their involvement/status?
- What responsibilities do we have to this stakeholder?
- What are the stakeholders' stakes?
Questions for stakeholder motivation
- What are the stakeholder's expectations?
- What exactly is the stakeholder's interest?
- What are they interested in?
- What are they expecting to gain?
- What are their concerns?
Questions to help develop a stakeholder engagement strategy
- What do they need?
- What would be quick wins for this stakeholder?
- What are their long term issues/concerns?
- What actions could we take to address the stakeholders concerns?
- What would be a win/win outcome for us/our business/project and this stakeholder?
Stakeholder Analysis Questions - References
Bucholtz, A. K. and Carroll, A. B. 2012. Business and Society , Ethics and Stakeholder Management
. 8th edition. South-Western. Cengage Learning. Latest edition
Young, T. L. 2013. Successful Project Management (Creating Success)
, 4th Edition. Kogan Page.
stakeholdermap.com. 2016. Stakeholder Management Templates. Blank Mapping Template and Basic Stakeholder Analysis Template. [online] Available at: http://www.stakeholdermap.com/stakeholder-management-templates.html
[Accessed 10 February 2016].
Read more on Stakeholder Analysis